MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum changes ' into ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all!
I use a mybb forum essentially to post news and articles. The problem is that when I paste an article from a document or other pages and i post it, the forum change all the ' into ? ...
Please help me, because it's a very annoiyng problem!
W@lly West Wrote:Hi to all!
I use a mybb forum essentially to post news and articles. The problem is that when I paste an article from a document or other pages and i post it, the forum change all the ' into ? ...
Please help me, because it's a very annoiyng problem!

Can you give a single example?
The forum is private, so it's useless to post a link...
but when i paste a text like this
Quote:Ma quei costumi, che sono ormai entrati nell' immaginario collettivo, non sono i loro costumi originali!
Grazie all'eccellente lavoro dello storico dei comics Greg Theakston, possiamo adesso vedere l'originale costume dei FF disegnato da Kirby, con un differente logo e, soprattutto, con le maschere!
I obtain this
Quote:Ma quei costumi, che sono ormai entrati nell? immaginario collettivo, non sono i loro costumi originali!
Grazie all'eccellente lavoro dello storico dei comics Greg Theakston, possiamo adesso vedere l?originale costume dei FF disegnato da Kirby, con un differente logo e, soprattutto, con le maschere!
This is a character set problem. Try to view a page which has the same problem with a different character encoding in your browser and let me know which one displays correctly, to tell you the next step. Also tell me what your default charset is.
maatty Wrote:This is a character set problem. Try to view a page which has the same problem with a different character encoding in your browser and let me know which one displays correctly, to tell you the next step. Also tell me what your default charset is.
my font encoding is "occidentale (iso-8859-1)"...i did a great number of trials but i didn't find an encoding that solve the problemm! Sad
Please help!!!! Sad
utf-8 - MyBB 1.2.10 will include proper conversion tools to correctly convert your character set to UTF-8.