MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP pages dont actually display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
They just ask me to download them, which then opens them in dreamweaver, so I can't install, I tried on every browser I have, nothing, I tried on the server itself, that horriably blows up (but doesn't ask to download them) I tried on a vista machine, it tries to download them. I tried on a windows 98, and it says error and displays lots of garbage. What am I doing wrong?

i've checked permissions but its a windows server and it kinda just flips the bird to me when i try to set permissions.

I've tried playing with scripts directory setting it to one in my server directory, one that conntains the httpodbc.dll file, and I tried setting it to the forum folder itself, i tried setting multiples, on eto every folder, so nothing, i set it back to the scripts folder.

The web server is Apache.
The FTP server is Bulletproof FTP
the OS is Windows 95 (fully upgraded to the newest dependencies and libraries)
i get this erro ron both a laptop and the server itself

-snip-
Please put all that code in the PHP tag.
That's not an error... have you even installed the forum?
That's not an error. I have that too sometimes, it can be pretty annoying but mostly it works fine. Make sure you configure the standard program to open PHP pages with to Firefox or whatever browser you're using.
it does, and thats what it does when i open the install stuff, it does that for all the php files.

Also on one computer now if i no matter what I set it too, it has no idea how to open PHP files, even if i set it to the browser, it just keeps repeatdly asking em to download it then.
If you guys wanna give it a try...
http://trevorsarchives.selfip.net/fcw/install

I also have no idea about the database stuff but I'm not up to that point yet.

The person that wrote the instructions sucks lol.

"Add /install"
And what? Its suposed to magically work? Horriable instructions.
SinisterSlay Wrote:If you guys wanna give it a try...
http://trevorsarchives.selfip.net/fcw/install

I also have no idea about the database stuff but I'm not up to that point yet.

The person that wrote the instructions sucks lol.

"Add /install"
And what? Its suposed to magically work? Horriable instructions.

What instructions are you reading? It's obviously not one of MyBB's official instructions; Ours are located at [Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Also looks like your server doesn't support PHP. I guess you didn't read our requirements either: [Wiki: Requirements] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
requirement sdont say how to make it support it

Ok, ill look into php and mysql and post back here the results....
Will take all day though, don't have access to my server right now

And I was reading the ones in the documentation. Generally documentation is very detailed...

It says XML Extension, I go to teh link but it doesn't seem like an install or anything, more rather "random" code to be put "somewhere"
That's because we're not responsible for setting up your mysql, php, apache, etc. We support MyBB, not everything else too. Does Microsoft support the parts for your custom made Dell PC?

People need to know what they're doing because they can't just come here and expect end to all support to help them with their every need not related to MyBB support directly.
Pages: 1 2 3