MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Joomla and MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, is it possible to connect Joomla users and MyBB users?
Currently there isn't any plugin or mod that allows bridging between Joomla and MyBB.
Hi,
A Joomla developer has alpha release of open source Universal User Integration.
He intends to integrate favourite forums with Joomla 1.5.
Currently he has vBulletin, phpBB3 and SMF available for testing.

I and many other Joomla users wish MyBB would be on the list too.
It suffices to adopt one php file (admin.mybb.php) for it.

I will do it myself but ...
But I only know the old Joomla 1.0.x API and nothing about MyBB and new Joomla 1.5. So zero knowledge state.

Is there anybody who knows Mybb API at the least and can adopt the mentioned file (cookies and database calling) for it?
50% knowledge is better then my 0% I think.Smile

The Joomla thread and files for downloads can be found here: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,243018.0.html

Thanks in an advance
would i have to upgrade to Joomla 1.5 from 1.0.14 to get this plugin to work?

Sad

1.5 is very buggy Sad
MadamZuZu Wrote:would i have to upgrade to Joomla 1.5 from 1.0.14 to get this plugin to work?

Sad

1.5 is very buggy Sad

Going from 1.5 to 1.0.14 isn't upgrading, it's downgrading. It isn't possible to downgrade however, try sending Joomla an email to implement Mybb. It's worth a try.
"to Joomla 1.5 from 1.0.14"

It's not as buggy as you think, it's at the peak of what it is to be.
MadamZuZu Wrote:would i have to upgrade to Joomla 1.5 from 1.0.14 to get this plugin to work?
1.5 is very buggy Sad
a) you have to migrate to J1.5.
b) J1.5 is in my opinion much more better then any of previous version of Joomla. And buggy? Not as much as J 1.0.x!
c) JFusion is in its alpha dev state. I do not recommend using it in a production server.