MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What a great forum software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys

Let me first of all say that I am deeply impressed by your forum software, and I mean a lot. Pets off to the guys that created and support it.

I came across your forum software sometime ago,I downloaded and installed it at my server in a test url and I was amazed at how nice, easy to understand and use it is. The more I got involved in it, poking around its features the more I loved it. Especially the ACP and the plug-ins system. I liked it so much that I am seriously considering converting my 2 sites to mybb. Just wanted to leave my opinions about mybb. Congratulations on a job well done
Thank you for your kind comments. Smile

We work hard to provide a good solid product for everyone, and it is always good to hear feedback from a satisfied user. Smile
Can say I was sceptical when I first tried MyBB but like you, as I delved deeper into the program, the more I like it compared to other free forum software Big Grin.
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:Thank you for your kind comments. Smile

We work hard to provide a good solid product for everyone, and it is always good to hear feedback from a satisfied user. Smile

You are welcome Ashbrook. Mybb deserved all those compliments and then some because it is really a great software. I have one question though, how long is mybb out as a forum software, cause I had never heard about it before. I am pretty sure if it would get advertised around a bit more, plenty of other people would use it or switch over to it from other software. Like I said, I have 2 sites and I am considering seriously to convert to your forum for at least one of my sites.
Let's see... I joined in around 2004 and we were right before 1.00, so I'd say at least a year or two before that.

Chris would be able to provide exact information on that though. Toungue
I am very surprised that I hadn''t heard before about this forum, because it is simply great
You sure are right dam.
I've had it for over 8 months now and I'm not less sadisfied from it since then. Big Grin
[Wiki: History] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Glad you like MyBB Smile
DennisTT Wrote:[Wiki: History] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Glad you like MyBB Smile

I will add to this lovefest, that I am pleased I gave up that wretched vBulletin software and switched all my forums (see signature) to MyBB.
Just to say thanks for a great piece of coding.

As part of a group of energy assessors in th UK our group was yelling for a dedicated forum to get the environmental side of the story out.
Only forums available (using a competitive software !) were failing to get the importance of climate change out to the public.

I thought i was taking a bog gamble with MyBB - but it was so quick and painless - one afternoon and we were up and running.

We are currently moving members across from Yahoo Groups and the alternative forums - Everyone is so amazed - and its amazing how attitudes change towards environmental issues now that they have a forum built from the ground up that allows them to get the mesage out. Only positive feedback about the forum to-date.

Early days yet - but we are up and running

Thanks again
Pages: 1 2