MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updating the urls&paths after changing the installation folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys

Let me first appologize if this question has been asked before, but I couldn''t find it using the search system.

I have installed mybb in my server at a folder called ''test''. Now I want to change the name of the folder to ''forum''. My question is, how do I update the urls&paths after changing the installation folder so it can point at the new url, i.e. from www.mysite.com/test to www.mysite.com/forum

Is there a tool or script that I must run to fix them? Thank you in advance for all your answers
Actually, after (or before) renaming the folder, all you really need to do is go into AdminCP (use the URL of it if necessary) -> Board Settings -> General Configuration and change your board URL.
You may also need to update your cookie settings as well depending on how they were set-up before.
Thanks to both of you for your quick answers, appreciate it.

@ZiNga BuRgA, what about the other urls or paths, like those of images or uploads for ex, wouldn''t they still point to the old url?

@MrDoom, the cookie settings were left blank, what is the procedure to update them?

Thanks again
[Wiki: Cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Tikitiki Wrote:[Wiki: Cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Thanks
One last question on the subject.

How about the other settings, like for the themes, avatars and attachments, shouldn''t they be updated to the new urls and paths, or that happens automatically when you update it from the ACP for the board URL and Cookies?
dam Wrote:One last question on the subject.

How about the other settings, like for the themes, avatars and attachments, shouldn''t they be updated to the new urls and paths, or that happens automatically when you update it from the ACP for the board URL and Cookies?

Sure. They must be updated, otherwise they will be pointing to non-existent folders, unless you leave the 'test'' folder as it is and make a copy of its files to your new "forum" url--but that will be confusing later on.

Regards
maatty Wrote:
dam Wrote:One last question on the subject.

Sure. They must be updated, otherwise they will be pointing to non-existent folders, unless you leave the 'test'' folder as it is and make a copy of its files to your new "forum" url--but that will be confusing later on.

Regards

How are they updated? Automatically or should I do them myself manually?
dam Wrote:How are they updated? Automatically or should I do them myself manually?
You will have no problem with the avatars and attachments because they the Uploads Path will automatically be directed to the uploads directory of your new url, but I think your themes urls will have to be done manually.

Regards
Pages: 1 2