MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Index in Portal Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I would like to have the index of my forums in the portal page.

I've tried to write "{$forums}" after "{$announcements}" in the portal template.

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="200">
{$welcome}
{$search}
{$stats}
{$latestthreads}
</td>
<td valign="top">
{$announcements}
{$forums}
</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

But this doesn't seem to work. I also would really like (in general) to have things that are in the index forum page, like the detailed "whosonline" table, birthdays, and forum stats to put them in the footer of the portal page, and this way, I won't use the little boxes that portal page has (non-detailed whosonline, stats, etc)

Any help would be really appreciated. THANKS!
Cant you just turn your portal.php into index.php ? There are some threads overhere that can help you out with that issue.
Hi Lex, thanks for replying.

Hmm, it's a good idea but, no. Because I also want the "latest threads", "welcome box" (etc) little boxes that the portal page has. I want to keep them in portal, and maybe when I set a separate website, would be good to me having this two pages separated.

Any other idea? I've been searching on the forum, but can't get nothing yet. =(
You can get those lil' boxes on your index.php with the SideBoxes Mod.
YESS! I've just noticed that in this forum that uses SideBoxes: http://portugal-forum.alojamentogratis.com/

I'll try to modify that plugin so the boxes appear in the left side (left side boxes ^^ )
(maybe if you know how to to this before I loose my head doing this, let me know)

Thanks for your help so far =)

EDIT: Thank you for your reply again!! Side Boxes was the solution. I decided to use the "index.php" as a portal, instead of "portal.php". This even solves the need to redirect the forum to the portal page. You can check my forum at http://clanuis.isgreat.org - It's in spanish BTW =))

I will post here (later) the changes that I did to the plugin so you can have "left side boxes" Smile