MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rate User Image not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have a problem that whenever I import a theme, the rate user button never shows up. Everything else looks great. I have double checked the templates and folder paths, and everything appears correct. Version is 1.2.9. Thanks for your time

EDIT: Post new thread buttons, and all buttons below a post (i.e. edit, quote reply) are not visible either. Will keep looking, hmmmm. Apparently it's all buttons in the /Images/english folder.
You should search this forum for similar threads. Take this for example:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=24683
I did search the forums. I found that thread and others. The solutions did not solve my problem. The buttons in the /images/{theme}/english folder will not show up and I have done everything these other threads have talked about.
Porthos Wrote:I did search the forums. I found that thread and others. The solutions did not solve my problem. The buttons in the /images/{theme}/english folder will not show up and I have done everything these other threads have talked about.

Are you sure you have the correct links in .xml file which comes with the theme? If imported the theme without changing the links in the .xml file first, they will never show.

Please give me a link to your forum.

Regards
maatty Wrote:
Porthos Wrote:I did search the forums. I found that thread and others. The solutions did not solve my problem. The buttons in the /images/{theme}/english folder will not show up and I have done everything these other threads have talked about.

Are you sure you have the correct links in .xml file which comes with the theme? If imported the theme without changing the links in the .xml file first, they will never show.

Please give me a link to your forum.

Regards

Yes, I checked the .xml file to make sure the links were matching up to where I uploaded the files, and they do, but the file does not have any reference to the /english folder. Here is a link to the forum. Thanks in advance.

http://lonewolves.free-web-hosting.biz/index.php
Porthos Wrote:Yes, I checked the .xml file to make sure the links were matching up to where I uploaded the files, and they do, but the file does not have any reference to the /english folder. Here is a link to the forum. Thanks in advance.

That's what I have been saying my dear. You should manually put the exact url in the .xml file. Example:
[CDATA[url(images/MyBulletin/images/MyBulletin/toplinks_hover.png);

I'm sure this will solve your problem. Meanwhile, please pm me a test account to check your forum.

PS. You will have to change all the links in that file and there many there.

Regards
maatty Wrote:
Porthos Wrote:Yes, I checked the .xml file to make sure the links were matching up to where I uploaded the files, and they do, but the file does not have any reference to the /english folder. Here is a link to the forum. Thanks in advance.

That's what I have been saying my dear. You should manually put the exact url in the .xml file. Example:
[CDATA[url(images/MyBulletin/images/MyBulletin/toplinks_hover.png);

I'm sure this will solve your problem. Meanwhile, please pm me a test account to check your forum.

PS. You will have to change all the links in that file and there many there.

Regards
I did change every link there was in the .xml. Nothing already involved the /english folder and all other images work. Nevermind, I'll just figure it out myself and learn to code.
Porthos Wrote:I did change every link there was in the .xml. Nothing already involved the /english folder and all other images work. Nevermind, I'll just figure it out myself and learn to code.
As you will see in your forum, I tried to register but got this error:
Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The mail() command is not allowed. in /www/free-web-hosting.biz/l/o/n/lonewolves/htdocs/inc/functions.php on line 374

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/free-web-hosting.biz/l/o/n/lonewolves/htdocs/inc/functions.php:374) in /www/free-web-hosting.biz/l/o/n/lonewolves/htdocs/inc/functions.php on line 78

Now, I know exactly what your problem is but I'll leave you to figure it out, and sorry to have offered my help.