MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, is there a database conversion from AEF Forums to MyBB ... ???

If not ... can you give me some pointers on how to start converting it manually ?

Thanks!
no one can give me a good tip ? Sad
bad support you have Sad
cipcip Wrote:Hi, is there a database conversion from AEF Forums to MyBB ... ???

No; and there probably will never come one =P
cipcip Wrote:bad support you have Sad

Support is free, you don't have to pay for it.

We have a rule which only covers bumping threads after at least 24 hours have passed. So don't call our support bad, you didn't wait that long.
What the hell is AEF anyways? Toungue
a free forum software that i was too stupid and tried it ...

can you please give me a good starting point of manual convert my database ?
cipcip Wrote:a free forum software that i was too stupid and tried it ...

can you please give me a good starting point of manual convert my database ?

The instructions would be way too complex to make for 1 person. The only way is if you want to copy and paste users/posts/etc each manually
yes .. i will convert it manually ... but i wanted a starting point .. i mean .. with what to start first ? youare more experienced than me Toungue
Well, you would have to look at the structure of the two tables (datatypes, lengths etc) and then work out what needs to be taken from your AEF forums and how it needs to be modified (if at all) to work with the MyBB database.

You could then work out a PHP script to covert (get from the AEF database, modify, and then store in the MyBB database) all your users, posts etc in one go.
Pages: 1 2