MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integration of WYSIWYG editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick question. I noticed on a comparison page of BB packages that MyBB would be able to integrate a WYSIWYG editor. I found one: FCKedit.

What would I need to do in order to make this work on my board?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Hans

PS I placed this in installation help but that seems to be the wrong place. Sorry.
A suggestion, use this one ; should work with the latest MyBB version;

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=16247
That's great. Thank you so much. It's a good alternative!

But I need to know how to incorporate this into MyBB. I can't find a procedure how to do this.

Does anyone know?
I no... There is a read me file included in with the package.
Thank you Lex and Snake.

You are geniusses!!! Great!
Hello again,

I've done as the instructions suggest i.e. copied the files and directories to the root folder of my board and expected them to show up in my Admin CP Plugin Manager so I could activate them. But they don't. I admit I might by too stupid, but does anyone have a clue what I might be doing wrong?
It's not a plugin so you don't need to activate anything. All you need to do is to complete the code modifications which are listed in Hoteditor_Mod_MyBB.txt and follow any other instructions in the readme file.
DennisTT Wrote:It's not a plugin so you don't need to activate anything. All you need to do is to complete the code modifications which are listed in Hoteditor_Mod_MyBB.txt and follow any other instructions in the readme file.

Sorry, I see what you mean. Stupid me.

I'll work through the .txt file and try again.

Thanks Dennis!

(I should probably mention that I'm new to this BB business.) Sad
flummiht Wrote:[quote=DennisTT]
It's not a plugin so you don't need to activate anything. All you need to do is to complete the code modifications which are listed in Hoteditor_Mod_MyBB.txt and follow any other instructions in the readme file.

Thanks Dennis, you got me a step further. But I'm not quite there.