MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: emails from forum being blocked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the emails sent from my forum is being blocked to junk folders. can this be sloved/
We can't. We did not create the "mail" software so therefore we can't do anything about it. It's up to you to teach your spam filter what is and what isn't spam.
i meant the smtp and the from parameters, can be changedthat it seems familier to the mail software?
We don't have SMTP support in 1.2 so not sure what your talking about there.

And yes the "from" parameter is set by the "Admin E-Mail Address" in the settings.
bojomojo Wrote:the emails sent from my forum is being blocked to junk folders. can this be sloved/

There is no way to force hotmail, for example, to "unblock" emails coming from your current domain mail settings, if it has already blacklisted it. Most probably you have used the mass mail function in your ACP once. Most webmail hosts automatically blacklist a domain that sends too many emails at on go, and sometimes for several other reasons of their own, which you cannot predict. Try, changing your current mail server settings.
i know.. i meant the php mail server, also some guys suggested adding a line to the code to change the from parameter to point to the same server as a solution for relaying, has nothing to do for that, but i just had to ask

and i didnt mean to force the mail servers to do anything, but there are standards upon whiich they specify an email as junk, i just meant if the boards default send with a suspecious adderss or parameter
Believe it or not, those webmail hosts are unpredictable about this. They may have already blocked your sever ip, not because of you but because spammers used this ip. Not the server's fault of course. Here is a tool to check whether or not your server ip is blacklisted:

http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

So whatever changes you make in mail settings, including the "from" parameter will make no difference, I'm afraid.

Regards
Sometimes the emails get blocked if the email they are being sent from doesn't really exist, ie; it's just a forwarded email address.

If it isn't already, set your boards email to a real email address.