MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: myps problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed a fresh copy of myps and everything is working fine. when i go to admin panel>> myps(on left side in main menu i have myps menu). It shows following message.

Access Denied

You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel.

How is this possible that being an administrator i don't have permissions?
Excuse my ignorance. What is myps, and has this got to do with mybb?
myps is my points system plug-in . sorry for my stupidity,not acknowledging it correctly.
adikai Wrote:myps is my points system plug-in . sorry for my stupidity,not acknowledging it correctly.

I actually I thought you were talking about MYPS. Let me check this plugin first and I'll come back to you.
adikai, the plugin isn't set up to give admins permission. You must log into ACP --> Users and Groups --> Admin Permissions and then give yourself permission to access it. Myps should be near the bottom of the list of permissions.
thanks
judel Wrote:adikai, the plugin isn't set up to give admins permission. You must log into ACP --> Users and Groups --> Admin Permissions and then give yourself permission to access it. Myps should be near the bottom of the list of permissions.

I have just installed this plugin to find out what causes this error, but I could have stayed a lifetime trying to figure out what on earth could produce such error. This is not mentioned anywhere in the readme.txt. This leads me to ask: why do some plugin coders leave out such essential details? Here is another error which pops up out of the blue:

You do not have enough to donate
??
Enough what to donate?

So you get rid of an error to encounter another. So, it would be better to nib it in the bud and deactivate it.
Well, you have to have points to donate. If you just installed it, of course you won't have any points to donate, unless you've done the recount...so I doubt that error came up out of the blue.

True, the admin permissions issue does come up a lot, but it isn't a major flaw...just an oversight.
Yeah gonna fix that admin permissions problem. It's just set for no by default when it should be yes.

matty Wrote:You do not have enough to donate
??
Enough what to donate?

Read the install...you most likely don't have english as the default language otherwise you have to install the files in your other languages. There are no known bugs in MYPS right now.