MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Report Post Notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. I was checking the report post function...so I made a post. Signed in as another user and reported the inappropriate post. I expected an email. What I did get was a notification upon moderator or admin sign-in at the top of the page, that stated there was (1) reported post awaiting action.

I wanted an email, so my admin changed it to notify mods and admins via email, of any post reported. It worked, I got an email with a link to the reported post.

The thing is, it has to be one way or the other. We would like to have it email the staff AND show on the top of the page when the staff logs in. Is this possible to do? With a plugin? Or will this be in an upgrade version?

Thanks again guys!
MB
It's not possible by default at this stage.

The attached plugin, however, should provide this functionality. I haven't had a chance to test it, but the majority of the code has been lifted directly from report.php so it should be fine.

Upload it to your inc/plugins.php directory, enable it in teh Admin CP and set your reported posts method to the database setting.
Chris Boulton Wrote:It's not possible by default at this stage.

The attached plugin, however, should provide this functionality. I haven't had a chance to test it, but the majority of the code has been lifted directly from report.php so it should be fine.

Upload it to your inc/plugins.php directory, enable it in teh Admin CP and set your reported posts method to the database setting.

Chris....my admin uploaded that plugin and here is what happened:

Upon Uploading the php file to the inc/plugins directory, all the other plugins disappear in the Plugin Manager of the Admin CP. (shows none)
For kicks, I renamed the file in the directory, to "rename.php", and strangely, "Hello World" the default plugin re-appeared, but the rest of my plugins are still missing.

So, the plugin did not work. Any other suggestions?
Thank you again sir for your assistance! Wink