MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: drop down from username
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really like this feature vbulletin has. When u click on the users username and a drop down menu pops up and u can visit the users profile, pm them or email them. I think this can become a great mybb plugin or even become a default feature on the next mybb update ( probably in 1.4). Just a suggestion anyway ^_^
IPB has the same and it is a nice feature.
lufbra Wrote:IPB has the same and it is a nice feature.

yep it is and that was one of the reason I loved using ipb before I tried mybb lol ^_^
Hmm, so people not only use this but they actually like it.

Personally I find it extremely annoying, especially if it's done in a way to not allow you to open the username link in a new tab.
I like it as well. i think its a cool feature.
(if you do think about putting it in you can have an option to have it that way or the way it is now maybe)
This is attached to the bottom of any post someone makes ...
I like the dhtml feature by the way it looks.. but I think it is a bit tedious clicking a name and then clicking to view the profile when it can all be done with one click
The dropdown on username in posts bugs me... and it's not like you'd really gain any new functionality that we don't already have.
hash86 Wrote:visit the users profile
Click on the user's name.

hash86 Wrote:pm them
Click on the "PM" button beneath the post.

hash86 Wrote:email them
Click on the "Email" button beneath the post.
its called AJAX, people....

its not that hard to integrate..
ToxicZero Wrote:its called AJAX, people....

its not that hard to integrate..

Actually it's called Javascript people....

And it's as hard to integrate (maybe even harder since Javascript is so variated among browsers) as any other code we put in
Pages: 1 2