MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ACP Opening Into New Window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the old forum software I used (IPB) the Admin CP would open into a new window/page, would it be possible to have this with MyBB?
Is that really necessary. I mean you can right click the link and open in new window or tab and if u are using firefox u can just click with the scroll wheel to open in new tab. thats only my opinion but other people might think otherwise ^_^
It's not really necessary, it just makes it a lot easier for folks. I mean, to right mouse click you still have to scroll your cursor down to the "Open In New Window" or tab, and not everyone has a wheel mouse. Smile
lufbra Wrote:It's not really necessary, it just makes it a lot easier for folks. I mean, to right mouse click you still have to scroll your cursor down to the "Open In New Window" or tab, and not everyone has a wheel mouse. Smile

1. You don't need to scroll at all, just move your mouse about 1cm on the screen
  2. You can right click and then press T (new tab) or W (new window) if you are that lazy Toungue
If not, then go to "ACP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *Expand* > header_welcomeblock_member_admin". Then:

Quote:Find:
— <a href="$settings[bburl]/$config[admindir]/index.php">$lang->welcome_admin</a>

Replace With:
— <a href="$settings[bburl]/$config[admindir]/index.php" target="_blank">$lang->welcome_admin</a>
Middle mouse click on a link will open it in a new tab.
MrDoom Wrote:Middle mouse click on a link will open it in a new tab.

I just said that [Image: atykv2.gif]
Thanks at0mik. Smile)