MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advice please. Disable Email Notification on forum posting. (Solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

My web hosting does not have the mail function enabled for php ()mail or sendmail. I would like to know please is it possible to disable and remove the email notification option in the forum post options and if so how would I accomplish this please?

Thank you all in advance.
Do you mean the email icon in threads? If so:

ACP -> Templates -> Expand your template -> Then, expand the Post Bit Templates -> postbit:

Find and delete this:

{$post['button_email']}

Update this template. You may also wish to delete the postbit_email so as not to show in the members list.

Hope this what you mean.Smile
Thank you for your reply.

That is not what I was asking but a informative bit of information you have given anyway thank you.

What I was asking was when someone puts a new post/thread an the forum there is a option on the posting page the notify by email of new posts. How can I disable this as my hosting does not have email enabled for PHP and changing hosts is not an option.

Thanks Smile

PS. You can see it if you look down on this post screen in Post Options 'Email Notification' I would like to remove and disable (or just disable ) that please.
Sorry, I didn't get you at first. In this case, you will have to remove this from the newreplay template:
ACP -> Templates -> New Reply Templates -> newreply:

<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[emailnotify]" value="yes" tabindex="7" {$postoptionschecked['emailnotify']} /> {$lang->options_emailnotify}</label>

Also remove this from the newthread template:

ACP -> Templates -> New Thread Templates -> newthread:
<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[emailnotify]" value="yes" tabindex="8" {$postoptionschecked['emailnotify']} /> {$lang->options_emailnotify}</label>

Apply the same to the showthread_quickreply under New Thread Templates.

Regards
Thank you for your help and I am sorry if I am replying a little late.

I have implimented the changes you have suggested and they are all working perfectly Smile

One thing you can find showthread_quickreply under Show Thread Templates if expanded and not New Thread Templates.

Just thought I would mention just incase anyone else is following this information.

Again thank you for your time and information you have been most helpfull Smile

MyBB is an Excerlent Free Forum program and the help and support is excerlent Smile