MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Reinstall without losing any of my forum changes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
cool , do i change a table prefix on install,is it on sql table base , checking something now!
You wouldn't use the install, or you'll lose everything. Just back up all your forum files on your old domain and then copy them to your new domain. As long as they are on the same host, and you update the new url in your ACP, it should work fine. Though I would change the password on your database as a precaution so that your old domain won't be able to access the same database while your new domain is doing it. Who knows what kind of problems that might start.
Bravenet has only three default folders, i have to either create new files and or folders, but my site has been OFF LINE/DOWN now for one day since halloween, and counting, I found three
1. default folder named theme_images
2.php file named Index.html
3.php file named CSS

I ftp'd the Image file to the default folder, as if it were the forum directory
and the my BB file named XML , renamed in my documents called Index.html
which it did appear in my url, but with red xs' then it disappeared withing thirty seconds and give percentages of the trailing behind the url in the browser?

I didnt do nothing with the CSS default bravent file, and as for the Index.html file theri was a file inside their named CVS?
all i know is i left it alone?
and as for the back up i just ftp'd it to the same place, where all are stored for my url and or site, on the same host, but with differnet url ...?

I cant get it to do anything and dont know what to do?
are there any articles or anyone with bravenet host install info?
i probably might have to create alot of files and add them and ftp to them,
or something, i got this feeling im right on the verge of this site being up and running! im just missing something? and my old forum is still named as the old site url if i want to have to go and change anything in acp?

pm me if there are any vulnerablities, that i should be aware of, or need to know in private
how can i set my acp to redirect to my new url , cause it wont if i change the settings of general configuration url box?
could it have something to do with a parent theme setting?
I didn't follow most of your previous post, but yes, you do need to change your url in the ACP. Go to Change --> General Configuration and then where ever your old url is, change it to your new url.

I know nothing about bravenet hosting or those 3 files/folders you found. Doesn't even sound like that has anything to do with mybb.
lol, yeah i know its for their, own templates, I figured that part out, I got gloss loaded,and it just has a hard times with images? I get alot of red x/s where everything else should be, thanks judel , you been a great help, too thanks for your help!
I appreciate that!
I need to study the tutorials, more! I think Bravenet has alot of good packages for somone whos familiar with mybb and building sites, but for a newb, its not easy,
I tried to use the java based ftp and it works somewhat okay and other times it crashes?
Pages: 1 2