MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fake board statistics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think it would be a cool plug in option or board acp option, to have the ability to adjust these numbers within reason!
dont misunderstand or confuse the search engine issue, with the seo of ones site, but its definative, i dont see many people, complain at fast food restaurants , about the service or food, they just come back when theyre hungry, or ignore it, alot of the service industry in everything is this way!
if one wants to be ethical, they will do good with a theme from the hard work they put into it and the features available, the other is advertisement and marketing skills!
I am going to utilize everything i can to fight back with the corporate giants!
Theres more than a few to bust, theres jillions of them them out there, they just take them down and and reinstate them from time to time or adjust them when it slows down.
Some they get the feel for the control and settings for doing this and adjust them accordingly , from what i seen.
Im not saying this is good for every theme or site, but one has the option or freedom of choice or ability to use what might work for them!
This is an easy way to get a quick lie out there. Aha! Perfect, I shall create a 'how to lie board' I won't be lieing there, or would I? :/
Where will i place this code?
Where do i find this file?
You need to add it to your headerinclude template either wrapped in a script tag or included as an external file (which obviously you need to create from scratch).

Honestly, Javascript isn't the most reliable language I'd use to spoof stats. A server-side approach may be much more powerful in this context.
What?

How on EARTH will I DO that?

Also for my site, is there a way to fake the REP?
I don't have enough time to dedicate an eventual plugin for this but other devs might be interested in making it for you. Just open a new thread in the Request Plugins forum and someone might reply there.

The reputation can be easily faked just by editing the target user in you Admin Control Panel. There's a field named "reputation" which you can edit as you may like.
İ cant find teh reputation in my user profile in acp. Help?
Ops, sorry, I just realized I'm using a custom plugin. Sorry for that, you need to alter the users table in your PHPMyAdmin panel: search the target user and alter the reputation column.
What cant i use your plugin too lol?
Pages: 1 2 3 4