MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guidence please. Would I need to reinstal? (solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I have been editing my template in modify/delete template section.
What I have been doing is placing a snippet of code that was required by a php script. It needed to be placed just above the </body> tag. What I did was to find all the files I could which had the </body> tag and placed the code just above that tag. Whilst I was doing this I found the {footer} was also just above the </body> tag. All I needed to do was to add the code to the bottom of the footer in the modify/delete template section.

What I did was to deactivate my plugins and change bach to the default template and delete the template I was editing. I then re uploaded the template and re imported it to mybb.

My question is have I done enough to undo all those changes I did by adding the code to all those different sections on my previous template or would I need to re install the whole forum again?

The reason why I am asking this question is that I have added the code snippet to the footer as I should have done in the first place and I do not want the code snippet to be added twice to any one section so I deleted the template and reinstalled it. Have I done enough to avoid a double code snippet.

Thank you all in advance.
It seems you have done more than enough. It would have been much easier if you had a backup of your database and just restored them, as long as you have not modified core files.
You shouldn't have done any of this.

You can use my Google Analytics plugin for a good example of how to add a php code snippet before the /body tag.
Thanks for the reply maatty

Sorry to sound a little stupid but when you mean the core files do you mean the MyBB Default Template? If that is yes then I did not edit that I was only editing the theme I downloaded and uploaded to use on my forum.

Also :-

Quote:It would have been much easier if you had a backup of your database and just restored them

Do you mean the image folder?

Thanks Smile
sluggy Wrote:the core files..
No I just meant the php files which come with mybb package.
You needn't worry about the images folder as long as you have not deleted anything there. Now, I understand that you were just editing the templates of another theme, so whatever you do in templates which do not belong to your default theme is nothing to worry about. You could just delete the theme and its templates, import it again and that's it.

Regrads
Thanks again maatty for your advice and reassurence.

Smile