MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Crash!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum has "crashed" according to the below MySQLi error below, does anyone know how this could be fixed?

Quote:MySQLi error: 1194
Table 'mybb_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Query: SELECT * FROM mybb_sessions WHERE sid='0' AND ip='********'
Run this query from phpMyAdmin

REPAIR TABLE mybb_sessions

This should fix it.
Thanks a lot Ryan. That looks to have fixed the problem, I just wish I knew what could have caused this. The forum was "down" for several hours today, so maybe it was a server problem.
Well, so long as it works.

If it happens again then post (in this thread, preferably) and let us know.

Although, the most we can tell you is keep running that query whenever it happens.

I remember a while back (couple years) I had a forum that this happened every so often, so you should be fine.
Cool, I'll bookmark this post thread for just in case the problem happens again and I need help. Smile
If it happens frequently you can try to change the mybb_session type from myisam to heap. This will keep it in memory and should stop the crashing of the table.
Thanks labrocca, do you or anyone know if this problem is "forum software" related, or could it be something else? Even after running the repair last night today the forum is very slow at loading pages!! Sad
lufbra Wrote:Thanks labrocca, do you or anyone know if this problem is "forum software" related, or could it be something else? Even after running the repair last night today the forum is very slow at loading pages!! Sad

It's not forum related.
Thanks, I'm just coming to realize that, and am about to shoot off an email to my web host.