MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion: wysiwyg, rich text format
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
will anyone be able to make one? like i saw on a vb forum it had it, and i really liked it, is there one? i couldnt find one so presumed it hasnt been made. could someoen make one? if its possible?
I have a strong feeling this will be included in Gold, seeing as how vB, IPB, WowBB and Burning Board all have it. Plus, there are mods that allow for it when it comes to SMF and phpBB. MyBB will try to remain competitive, so I think this is pretty likely in the future.
WYSIWYG is sort of a bloat, in my opinion. While it's a little useful, I don't use it that much.

Either way, I don't mind if it's added or not.
Thank you very much, is there a link to the features of gold somewhere and a release date? I'm new to this but just got my board installed today and i really like it.
eXaulz Wrote:WYSIWYG is sort of a bloat, in my opinion. While it's a little useful, I don't use it that much.

Either way, I don't mind if it's added or not.

But bassically i'm in competition with a vb board and er some of there users are imigrating i want them to be able to have wysiwyg because it is more user friendly
Competition isn't everything, you know? Just because vBulletin has Ajax, Advanced Control Panel, Moderator Control Panel, An advanced Calendar, and a bunch of other things, MyBB and other forum software shouldn't have it. MyBB doesn't have to be a copy of anything.

WYSIWYG is not very easy to make, anyways. You need to make it all browser supported, this mean Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, MyIE2, Avant Browser, Netscape, and thousand of other browsers.
Bad idea IMHO. A lot of people on my forum, including myself use opera for our surfing needs.
AFAIK Opera doesn't support rich text or wysiwyg editors yet, however they claim to be working on it.
In conclusion, it's always a bad idea to ignore or f*** over part of your forum users.
Yes but it's easy to check for Opera browsers and just turn it off.
I personally don't use it. After a while you know the code and just enter it instead (I'm in the Matrix? Toungue). Most people only use a handful and don't need the extra ones (like align).
Also, if there was a WYSIWYG editor. I would completly and utterly LOVE that. When I had vB that was like my most favorite thing. It was very nice to see images and style in live preview. Also alot of browsers support JS which is what WYSIWYG editors are made in. Shouldnt be that bad on compatibility and it would be a really nice feature to see. Big Grin
WYSIWYG is something that I looked in to a while ago and never really continued (I think I have the source floating around somewhere of what I was working on). I'd like to add it as a feature in the future however the existing code buttons editor and such will still be available and an option will be added to the user control panel.

Personally in some circumstances I wouldn't use it because I prefer to use the existing system most of the time as it is what i'm used to.
Pages: 1 2