MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question on new post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my board setup so a guest can post a message but has to enter captcha. For some reason it defaults with this:

name: guest
password:
subject:

I have two questions:

1. why would it have a password field for a guest?

2. how come when I use the tab key it skips the subject field and goes to post icon? I really need it so that when users tab down it will go to the subject too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
primster7 Wrote:1. why would it have a password field for a guest?
This is an extra protection measure for protecting your forum against spambots.

Quote:2. how come when I use the tab key it skips the subject field and goes to post icon? I really need it so that when users tab down it will go to the subject too.

When you are in the Post Subject field and use the tab it logically takes you to the box of Your Message and when you are in this box it is only logical that when you press the tab key it should take you to the Post Reply button. Isn't this what happens in your case?
Quote: When you are in the Post Subject field and use the tab it logically takes you to the box of Your Message and when you are in this box it is only logical that when you press the tab key it should take you to the Post Reply button. Isn't this what happens in your case?

Yes, but let me put it this way.

It looks like this:

name: guest (tab)
password: (tab)
skips subject and goes to post icon. You have to click your mouse everytime in the subject field since it never tabs into it.
primster7 Wrote:It looks like this:

name: guest (tab)
password: (tab)
skips subject and goes to post icon. You have to click your mouse everytime in the subject field since it never tabs into it.

Sorry I thought you were referring to the default editor and how it acts. Could you provide me with a link to your forum so that I can try that myself?
Quote: Sorry I thought you were referring to the default editor and how it acts. Could you provide me with a link to your forum so that I can try that myself?

Ok - I will PM you the link.

Thanks for helping.