MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing "Quote" Background And Text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't seem to find where I can edit/change the colours for the quotes in posts ([quote][*/quote]). Any help would be appreciated. Smile
Add:
.quote_header
{
}

And:
.quote_body
{
}

To your additional CSS and setup accordingly.
Thanks for the help.

When I set out to create the skin I wanted, I downloaded re-uploaded the MyBB default skin, then started editing that. I have this showing...

.quote_header {
	background: #8B415;
	border: 1px dashed #FF9900;
	border-bottom: 0;
	color: #FFF;
	font-weight: bold;
	margin: 8px auto 0 auto;
	padding: 4px;
}

.quote_body {
	background: #8B415;
	border: 1px dashed #FF9900;
	border-top: 0;
	color: #FFF;
	margin: 0 auto 8px auto;
}

But for some reason the background colour (#8b4513) isn't showing.
Can we have a link to your forum?
Yes, I just made it the default skin so's you can see it, there's a post with a quote in it in the post thread below...

http://www.daves-pub.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=17

Please don't worry about the images not showing, I'm still working on adding them...LOL!!
Well, this is the code in your CSS for that theme related to the quote box:
.quote_header {
	background: #fff;
	border: 1px dashed #000;
	border-bottom: 0;
	color: #000;
	font-weight: bold;
	margin: 8px auto 0 auto;
}

.quote_body {
	background: #fff;
	border: 1px dashed #000;
	border-top: 0;
	color: #000;
	margin: 0 auto 8px auto;
}

Are you sure you edited the correct theme? It's best to edit the CSS via the AdminCP and not by downloading and reuploading the theme file.
That's odd because yes it's edited through the ACP, and I copied/pasted the above code from Additional CSS.
Odd, I checked the CSS for all your themes and none of them had changed that code at all. Just let me check my AdminCP to make sure I haven't missed something, I'm doing this from memory.

Nope, that should work Confused

Are you running your CSS from the database or whatever that other option is called?
the color in your code is ONLY 5 characters... Toungue

#8B415;

And you haven't got this one the same sequence either.

(#8b4513) isn't showing. Wink
Also, your new quote info is in your CSS, it's further down as there's two of the .quote_* things. Shame, I thought the Additional CSS was more intelligent than that Sad
Pages: 1 2