MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums located in portal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm wondering is there a setting which sticks the forums inside the portal in the area that shows the news. The reason why I ask is I've recently from PHP fusion which has the forums inside a shell along with menus and stuff and I really like that system. Does MyBB have an option to do this?
You can use the Sideboxes Plugin; with a lil' modification you can add them to the right & left side of the "Forums" on your indexpage, by default they only stand on the right side. There's no need to modify the portal page for that.
Ok also is there a way to add custom php pages that will integrate with myBB?
Also with the sideboxes thing is there a way to make it go left and right in the control panel options, like some bits left and some right? Having it all on 1 side seems kind of dumb.
You need to edit the "index" template.
LeX- Wrote:You need to edit the "index" template.

This is probably a dumb question but wheres the index template? The one in inc/plugins/index.html is pretty much empty.

Also when I view a thread the side boxes disappear, whats with that?
City_Slicker Wrote:
LeX- Wrote:You need to edit the "index" template.

This is probably a dumb question but wheres the index template? The one in inc/plugins/index.html is pretty much empty.

Also when I view a thread the side boxes disappear, whats with that?

ACP - Templates - Modify/Delete - Choose Your Template Set [ Expand ] - Index Templates - index

You should find something simular like this
<table width="100%"  border="0">
  <tr>
    <td width="75%" valign="top">{$forums}</td>
    <td width="25%" valign="top">{$sb_welcome}{$sb_search}{$sb_stats}{$sb_latestthreads}{$sb_additional}</td>
  </tr>
</table>

Change it into
<table width="100%"  border="0">
  <tr>
    <td width="25%" valign="top">{$sb_welcome}{$sb_search}</td>
    <td width="50%" valign="top">{$forums}</td>
    <td width="25%" valign="top">{$sb_stats}{$sb_latestthreads}{$sb_additional}</td>
  </tr>
</table>

And if the sideboxes dissapear when viewing a thread that's kinda normal ... they are only shown at your index page.
Is there a way to have the side boxes always visible no matter what page your on? If they disappear when you view a thread it defeats the purpose of having them.
Would require a lot of templatechanges + pluginfile changes and i don't have the time for explaining them all.
Pages: 1 2