MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signature Privileges on Per-Group Basis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is something that I hope will be in 1.4, but is there any mod/is anyone working on a mod to restrict signatures on a per-group basis? I want to have a signature-banned usergroup for members that habitually go over the signature limits, but no option to disable sigs for each group exists in MyBB.

Is something for this in the works?
And by disabling sigs you mean, don't show the sigs ( postbit & memberprofile ) ? Or don't have the ability to set one in their UCP ?
Don't have the ability to set it in their user CP. Sorry I didn't clarify that earlier.
Can you try this plugin?

Install::
* Upload ds.php into ./inc/plugins/
* Go to your PluginManager and Activate.
* Go to Board Settings - Change - Disable Signature Settings [ Fill in the GID ( GroupID ) of the Signature-Banned Usergroup ]

Options::
* Status [ YesNo ]
* GIDs
* ErrorMessage

What?::
* In MemberProfile, if Member Of Signature-Banned Usergroup, No Signature Box
* In Postbit, if Member Of Signature-Banned Usergroup, No Signature
* In UCP, if Member Of Signature-Banned Usergroup, When Trying to Click On 'Change Signature', They Receive An ErrorPage With The ErrorMessage You've Set.
Wow...just now getting the chance to try this out.

It seems to work fine. Exactly what I was looking for Thanks!
thanks LeX- it's a nice great plugin you made
Thanks lex for this
This should be added to the mods & plug-in list.It activated with no errors on my board which is mybb 1.2.10. Don't have any banned members yet to know if it really work with 1.2.10...