MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im new to mybb and im wondering on how do i put in the plugin so when i goto plugin manager it has the button that lets me activate it?
Have you uploaded the file through FTP?

Most if not all plug ins come with instructions for installing.
General installation instructions for plugins are here: [wiki]Plugins#Installing_Plugins[/wiki]

You can find plugins at the MyBB Mods site. Some plugins may come with more specific installation instructions, and you should follow those.
ftp? whats that, where do i find it?

i feel like a noob
How do i find the inc/plugins/ im using phpnet for php and mysql host. how do i find it?
FTP = File Transfer Protocol. You use it to transfer files from the computer to the web server. (i.e., you might have used it to upload MyBB to your website). If you don't have your FTP information, you should ask your webhost.

Just a note: If your forum is hosted by a service such as CreateMyBB, you won't have FTP access, and thus you won't be able to install plugins.
i cant find inc/plugins/
i found the ftp client.

im trying to add green nuetral theme
Themes aren't installed the same way as plugins are.

Assuming you have this theme: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/green-neutral
Just follow the instructions on the page:
Quote:1-Unzip all files
2-Place greenneutral folder in the images folder in your forum directory
3-Upload folders
4-Go into your forums admin cp and go to themes > import
5-locate greenneutral.xml and then click \\"import theme\\"
6-Enjoy

Again if you need your FTP information, you will need to contact your webhost. I can't find that for you.