MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I am stuck on the Database configuration of the install. My host is startlogic. I've searched the mybb forum and read the related install wiki and I don't know what to do next.

Here's what I did:

At the database configuration portion of the install, for database name I just put "mybb." (no quotes or period) I have not set up a database, nor did the installation wiki tell me to.

I get this error:

* Could not select the database 'mybb'. Are you sure it exists and the specified username and password have access to it?

I thought this process would create the database, but it looks like the install is expecting it to already be there. What should I do? I don't know how to create the database it is looking for.

Thanks, Laura
What is the hosting you useing? Free or paid?

Like is it a subdomain or domain?
sith717 Wrote:What is the hosting you useing? Free or paid?

StartLogic

Like is it a subdomain or domain?

I guess it is a domain. I don't know what a subdomain is.
Whats the address your your forums?
It is yes. Do your webhost provide you with a control panel (cPanel, Plesk etc)?
Mr Doom, I'm not sure what you were referring to when you said "It is yes."

Startlogic's control panel is vdeck.

Laura
"It is yes." = "Yes, that is your forum URL."

Sorry, I should have had a comma between "is" and "yes".

Is there a section in your webhosts control panel that has database in it's name somewhere?
Don't know if this is pertinent, but in vdeck I see database setup and admin.

When I click database admin, it goes to phpMyadmin. If I click on databases from there, I see one: test.

When I click database setup, it says bellemus_ (and then a box, like I can create a database and name it anything). Is mybb not looking for a specific database that comes with it? Or do I just create any database name I want? Then am I going to have to create tables?

Laura
You can create a database and name it whatever you like. Tell the MyBB installer that database name and it handles setting up all the tables it needs.
Pages: 1 2