MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Major problem with Passwords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i try to log in and i get wrong pass although i use the correct one. the same happened with my testing account and one user also reported the same. whats going on ? Also i made a test and i found out that i can Log in with ANY PASSWORD . Need help ASAP. it doesnt have to do with cookies cause i tested here as well . Also i got complains for members they cant log in. I closed the board untill i find i fix plz help. Weird thing is a tried a fresh install in a new database and still i get errors when i put my pass although its definitely correct, Could this has to do with some system folders that are missing ? i mean folders like _vti_cnf _vti_bin etc when i my original public_html folder was deleted?
I reiinstalled front page extensions but still everyone can login with any pass , any ideas ? It might be cookie problem ? i have the cookie field blank
It must been a cookie problem, I tested it and i'm getting a message. You should get a message like this..
Yes althoug the pass was correct. it must be caused cause i had another mybb testing installed. still i have empty field in the cookie setting should i set into /forums/ ?
Konstantinos Wrote:Yes althoug the pass was correct. it must be caused cause i had another mybb testing installed. still i have empty field in the cookie setting should i set into /forums/ ?

Okay let me see if I have this right, you have two MyBB's install? If so making the cookie setting different should fix the problem.
no he installed the second one to see if it was the installation that was at fault or somthing else. Seems like its not the MyBB that is making the password system not work and its related to the server or somthing. Have you made some changes to your server setting in the recent past? Did you update or anything? Did you make a backup before all this happend that you could go back too?

Did you install your new mybb copy under the same database without emptying the original contents of the old forums data?
diffferent database
It must be a cookie problem, try clearing cookies and cache. Also I would use different user names and passwords.