MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving the "Author" column.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do I have to edit in the showthread.php file to move the "Author" column to under the "Thread" column, like it's done on vB?

For example, let's say the thread is called "My Bulletin Board." I want it set up like this:

My Bulletin Board
drygnfyre

Note that the author text is smaller than the thread text, and the author's name is no longer hyperlinked.

Do you mean something like this.
Hey, thanks! I was looking for a horizontal postbit script. That one is absolutely perfect!

However, that's not what I was intially looking for. Go to a generic showthread.php page. It is set up like this: "Thread," "Author," "Replies," "Views." What I want to do is get rid of the "Author" column entirely, and move its contents to below the thread title in the "Threads" column. If you take a look at any stock vBulletin showthread.php page, you'll know what I'm after.
drygnfyre Wrote:Hey, thanks! I was looking for a horizontal postbit script. That one is absolutely perfect!

However, that's not what I was intially looking for. Go to a generic showthread.php page. It is set up like this: "Thread," "Author," "Replies," "Views." What I want to do is get rid of the "Author" column entirely, and move its contents to below the thread title in the "Threads" column. If you take a look at any stock vBulletin showthread.php page, you'll know what I'm after.

YOu sure you dont mean forumdisplay.php? Because looking at showthread.php I cannot see this "Thread", "Author", "Replies" and "Views" thing. I can only see it on forumdisplay.php.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry.