MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, how do I add a link in the header (is it?) where there are the tabs; "Index", "Search", "Member List", "Calendar" and "Help".

I think it is this code which I need to add it to (From the themes xml document):
<ul>
					<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}">{$mybb->settings['bbname']} Forum Index</a></li>
					<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php">{$lang->toplinks_search}</a></li>
					<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php">{$lang->toplinks_memberlist}</a></li>
					<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php">{$lang->toplinks_calendar}</a></li>
					<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help">{$lang->toplinks_help}</a></li>

I would like to know how to add in another tab to - "www.example.com/blog/index.php"
Just add a new <li> item ?

<li><a href="http://www.example.com/blog/index.php">Blog</a></li>
:thumbsup: Thank you (I have no knowledge/experience with coding in php?)

Edit: I noticed that when I change the xml document, the imported theme has this error:
(User CP  — Admin CP  ? Log Out)

How do I remove the "?"

Edit 2: Ok, I found out that it does not seem to recognise the "—" which is why it gives me a "?" instead...

Thanks again.
Can i ask were this file is located Smile

Ok mangaed to find header file, and copied Search text, but now i see 2 search icons, ??

I can make one of them goto my site, and change the image, but it still says SEARCH

Tia
Mick

[Image: 32117502512.jpg]