MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYBB vs. IPB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
You know when I first started using forum software it was IPB, I though You could never get anything like IPB. Well MYBB is not like IPB at all but it has all the great features I was looking for and looks its free and more secure. I hope MYBB will always be free.

I love MYBB, secure, fast, and has more features then IPB, also its open source so I can modify how I like it. This software is great.

Thanks All the developers of MYBB.
Deathstarr Wrote:You know when I first started using forum software it was IPB, I though You could never get anything like IPB. Well MYBB is not like IPB at all but it has all the great features I was looking for and looks its free and more secure. I hope MYBB will always be free.

I love MYBB, secure, fast, and has more features then IPB, also its open source so I can modify how I like it. This software is great.

Thanks All the developers of MYBB.

Off topic: Are you the same Deathstar from IFskinshop?
Yes Why?
Quote:and has more features then IPB

What "more" features would these be?
lufbra Wrote:

Even a novice MyBB user would notice them.
Deathstarr Wrote:Yes Why?

Just saying, I registered at your forum before it got deleted and the skin seemed somewhat familiar

lufbra Wrote:

I think he is referring to invision power board 1.3 not 2.3.x
I love you MyBB!!!!
LeX- Wrote:Even a novice MyBB user would notice them.

Which version of IPB are you comparing MyBB to?

I really haven't seen any "more" different features, just "different" features. MyBB has "some" features that IPB doesn't have, but then again IPB has "some" features that MyBB doesn't have............yet.
Smile
I am just saying I would rather use MyBB then IPB 2.x.x because MYBB is better Built, Different Feature that I look for more in a Forum Software, like the Plugin Manager, also how you create a forum is much easier one page does it all, another thing is you can set up announcements on all forums in IPB you have to do it separate (last time I used IPB), Ya IPB has allot more skins graphics and mods, but some mods on IPB are useless and sometimes do not work. I like MYBB better then IPB.
Pages: 1 2 3 4