MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nice security.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over the last couple of days, I've had a lot of crawlers trying to register an account on MyBB. I'm not sure if this is a standard feature or part of my template, but just the disclaimer page alone keeps most of them from even completing the forum, and the image verification is easy-to-read but secure. Nice work on that.

One suggestion, is that I'd like to see some functionality built-in to set HTML permissions on a user-by-user basis. I know there's a plug-in for it, I believe it was written by DennisTT, but it would be terrific to see it hard-coded in.

Anyway, I'm starting to fall in love with the MyBB software with every update. Getting my template to work from 1.2.7 to 1.2.9 was a little tough, but worth it; things seem a little speedier.
I'd prefer on HTML Permissions on a Usergroup basis, but eh, to each his own. Toungue

Thanks for your compliments, they are always appreciated! Smile
SagaciousKJB Wrote:One suggestion, is that I'd like to see some functionality built-in to set HTML permissions on a user-by-user basis. I know there's a plug-in for it, I believe it was written by DennisTT, but it would be terrific to see it hard-coded in.
The main problem with allowing certain groups of users to have "privileged code" is this:
- Moderators editing an Admin's post
- Someone quoting an Admin's post will come out as a mess...

HTML for Admins can make things easier, but I believe in sticking to bbCode Toungue
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:
SagaciousKJB Wrote:One suggestion, is that I'd like to see some functionality built-in to set HTML permissions on a user-by-user basis. I know there's a plug-in for it, I believe it was written by DennisTT, but it would be terrific to see it hard-coded in.
The main problem with allowing certain groups of users to have "privileged code" is this:
- Moderators editing an Admin's post
- Someone quoting an Admin's post will come out as a mess...

HTML for Admins can make things easier, but I believe in sticking to bbCode Toungue

Yeah, the myCode seems to make it easy to make available any segment of HTML you'll need to use to all users anyway.