MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: install mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys,i m new at mybb,how can i install mods in mybb and how can i put logo,can anyone help me.......
vehla_jatt_4_u Wrote:hey guys,i m new at mybb,how can i install mods in mybb and how can i put logo,can anyone help me.......

You would select the mod you want from the mods section, unzip it and they normally have readme files included. You ftp the plugin.php (what ever one your choose) to your /inc/plugins directory. Then you go to your admin panel and click plugins link in the menu on the left and then select activate plugin.
You may be giving other settings options, depending on the plugin you choose, but you can make these settings by clicking on the "change" link in the menu.

As far as a logo, do you have a logo made, if so just upload it to your images directory and into the theme folder you are using. The logo.gif is used for the default theme. You can to a jpg or png by modify or edit themes section in your admin panel.

Does this help you any?

jaxdougToungue
there are 5-6 files in mod rar file,should i upload all to plugin??and i have upload my logo in image as jpg file,but it is not showing
vehla_jatt_4_u Wrote:there are 5-6 files in mod rar file,should i upload all to plugin??and i have upload my logo in image as jpg file,but it is not showing

Upload the logo as logo.gif and overwrite the original one.
logo has been uploaded,how can i install mods,can anyone help???
Please take some time to read the wiki.
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Main_Page

It has a lot of information to help you get started.
i have read all,but i could not find how to install guide??
Each Mod you download from MyBB Mods site - http://mods.mybboard.net - will have instructions on how to upload and activate them.
The instructions are usually located in a text file.

If you want, tell me one of the mods. you want to install and I'll show you step by step, and from that point you could apply the same thing when installing other mods.
vehla_jatt_4_u Wrote:i have read all,but i could not find how to install guide??

I be leave you were looking for [Wiki: Plugins] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) this page.