MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: StartLogic Warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you are trying to decide on a host and you need one right away, I recommend you avoid StartLogic. They are transitioning to a new platform and they seem to be having more problems than they can shake a stick at. I waited in the LiveChat queue ("your wait time is 19 minutes") for over an hour and a half. Then a guy who couldn't help me came on, and the connection was lost so I was supposed to get back in the support queue line again. This happened THREE TIMES over the last 3 or 4 days. I waited on hold another hour to get a billing person to cancel my hosting.

All related to FTP of mybb. Everything would upload except the folder "uploads." (I know you only upload the contents of the upload folder, but uploads is one of the 8 folders in the upload folder.

Anyway, maybe this post will spare someone the literal hours of wait time for service and support from StartLogic. This will come as no surprise to anyone, but it isn't nearly that long a wait for sales.
mamaartemis Wrote:If you are trying to decide on a host and you need one right away, I recommend you avoid StartLogic. They are transitioning to a new platform and they seem to be having more problems than they can shake a stick at. I waited in the LiveChat queue ("your wait time is 19 minutes") for over an hour and a half. Then a guy who couldn't help me came on, and the connection was lost so I was supposed to get back in the support queue line again. This happened THREE TIMES over the last 3 or 4 days. I waited on hold another hour to get a billing person to cancel my hosting.

All related to FTP of mybb. Everything would upload except the folder "uploads." (I know you only upload the contents of the upload folder, but uploads is one of the 8 folders in the upload folder.

Anyway, maybe this post will spare someone the literal hours of wait time for service and support from StartLogic. This will come as no surprise to anyone, but it isn't nearly that long a wait for sales.

They are typical of hosts that promise too much and deliver too little.

My friends at HostICan, where I have a dedicated server, are extremely responsible about maintaining a first-class network and avoiding all those ills.
Thanks Gene,

StartLogic is certainly over-promising and under-delivering. "Award winning 24/7 support"? If this award really happened, it was probably guy #1 leaning back in his chair, peeping around the partition and making the award to guy #2, who was playing minesweeper while people perished of old age in the LiveChat support queue. High-fives all 'round.

I fell for some rave reviews about StartLogic--little did I know these were probably written by StartLogic shills. Apparently you write a glowing review with a StartLogic supplied link and if someone clicks through and signs on, you get a $100 kickback. It's the affiliate program. Just $10 if you refer anyone.

Checked out your board--looks great and loaded great. I will give HostICan a look, along with A Small Orange, Servage and siteground.
mamaartemis Wrote:Thanks Gene,

StartLogic is certainly over-promising and under-delivering. "Award winning 24/7 support"? If this award really happened, it was probably guy #1 leaning back in his chair, peeping around the partition and making the award to guy #2, who was playing minesweeper while people perished of old age in the LiveChat support queue. High-fives all 'round.

I fell for some rave reviews about StartLogic--little did I know these were probably written by StartLogic shills. Apparently you write a glowing review with a StartLogic supplied link and if someone clicks through and signs on, you get a $100 kickback. It's the affiliate program. Just $10 if you refer anyone.

Checked out your board--looks great and loaded great. I will give HostICan a look, along with A Small Orange, Servage and siteground.

Do your checking, as I've done in the 8 years I've had sites online, and find a host you can live with. Take it from me: Moving can be a royal pain, even when the host does the heavy-lifting.