MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: anti printscreen and anti copy photo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanne know if its possible that user cannot use the printscreenfunction and also copy photo function??
And where do I add it.
Is it also possible that only one page could not hotlinking to my forum??
Printscreen, no since it's done by the Operating System.
Your best bet it to add a watermark toy our images so that if some print screens or saves the image they cant really use it as it has your website name splashed up the front.
MrDoom Wrote:Printscreen, no since it's done by the Operating System.
and your right there is no way unless you edit windows it self
Techmonkey Wrote:Your best bet it to add a watermark toy our images so that if some print screens or saves the image they cant really use it as it has your website name splashed up the front.
what would be a lot do to Confused

so i do not think you can stop people from tacking printscreens.

hotlinking well i know you can stop hotlinking to images i do not know about pages.
crsoft Wrote:
MrDoom Wrote:Printscreen, no since it's done by the Operating System.
and your right there is no way unless you edit windows it self
Techmonkey Wrote:Your best bet it to add a watermark toy our images so that if some print screens or saves the image they cant really use it as it has your website name splashed up the front.
what would be a lot do to Confused

so i do not think you can stop people from tacking printscreens.

hotlinking well i know you can stop hotlinking to images i do not know about pages.

What about prohibiting the copying of links to the clipboard, that whatever gets copied is garbage? This would require some sort of script to be running on the page for this to occur.
If you know how to do a bit of coding then apparently you can block the print screen function!

See here for more info: http://blog.gilluminate.com/2006/4/25/pr...een-online
I tell you what happen some people from another forum are making printscreens of my forum and manipulate the image with other tekst and images. Thats why I wanne use a function that people not gonna use a printscreen function.
I also do not want that they gonna use a hotlinking funtion to any photo or to a threat by itselfes.

Now they add their page behind a password so I cannot check it anymore.
I do not want to do the same with my forum (behind a password because its an open forum).
I do not now how to call it but it something like manipulating my homepage.
I think the word you looking for is "plagiarism" which means stealing other peoples work and using it as your own.

the anti-screenprint things is a difficult one and the best I have come up with is in the link in my previous post.

As for the anti-hotlink, see here: http://www.htmlbasix.com/disablehotlinking.shtml
With this anti hotlink function I can add only pages who are allowed hotlinking.
But I have one page that absolute does not make hotlinks.
cvtrig Wrote:What about prohibiting the copying of links to the clipboard, that whatever gets copied is garbage? This would require some sort of script to be running on the page for this to occur.
It's impossible to stop them. You can make it harder by making directed by Javascript (ie OnClick) - it'll make Firefox's Copy Link Location not work, but it's still not difficult to get a link.
After all, the browser has to know where to go - so if the browser knows where to go...

Techmonkey Wrote:If you know how to do a bit of coding then apparently you can block the print screen function!

See here for more info: http://blog.gilluminate.com/2006/4/25/pr...een-online
That's an interesting idea, but be aware that it's not guaranteed to work...

spinning Wrote:I tell you what happen some people from another forum are making printscreens of my forum and manipulate the image with other tekst and images. Thats why I wanne use a function that people not gonna use a printscreen function.
I would suggest ignoring it. This is the nature of the internet.
In fact, if you try to prevent this happening, chances are, it'll get worse (since it's impossible to stop people from doing this anyway).

If there's nothing to tease about your forums in the first place, you shouldn't have this issue.