MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advice on what to charge?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am coming here for some advice on this as most people here run a site and some of you may have paid advertising on it.

I have been contacted by an advertising company who want to put a 468 x 60 banner for one of their clients on my site which will rotate between 3 and 5 different messages.

They want to know a price for 1 month and a price for 3 months and have then stated if I would give them a special price as this could become a regular thing for most of their clients.

So the question is... what to charge?
I'd probably work out how much your PR is, Alexa rating then how much they're willing to pay. Just something I'd do.
Dale Hay Wrote:I'd probably work out how much your PR is, Alexa rating then how much they're willing to pay. Just something I'd do.

Ya how many daily hits do you get (From different people that is). This is probably the biggest factor as the more hits you get the more you will be able to charge and still sound reasonable Wink.
Yeah the amount of uniques as well as what country they are coming from are factors which determine the price.

Since if they are advertising an American only service, it would be useless to them to advertise to let's say traffic from the UK.
Thanks for the input, I wonder if you could give me any indication of pricing based on these stats. Unfortunately as advertising is not something I have done before I only just switched on the unique visitors tracking about 24 hours ago, so the numbers may be low?

[attachment=7863]

[attachment=7864]