MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ya server transfer problem. Perhaps a mysqli, or php5 related issue?! Blank Page ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... Other thread sollutions does not seem to solve this one. Or perhaps I am not able to apply them correct, of course.

Dear Forum Members,

a few days before i asked my Web Hosteing Support for updating php4.3.11 to php5.2.3. I got a new server from them with php5 installed for migrating my data from my old server to the new one.
I realised just after the first unsuccesfull migrating trial that not only php version is different on the new server, but also the mysql version ist not 4.1.20, (old server) but 5.0.41 on the new server. That is in principle ok and even a good Idea, but caused an error while transfering I am not sure how to solve it.
I tested more than 20 hours very different approaches and after that I think it could have something to do with the mySQLi = Improved, which seems to be active on the new server.

The effect of the problem is I only get a blank Page at the index.php of the Forum and the AdminCP, too.

I am using 1.2.9 Forum Version.

I allready searched and read many many threads in this forum regarding php5, mysqli and transfering to a new server and tried everything out of it which seems to be a possible sollution.
Perhaps I do not see the drop in the ocean?!

I know the standard procedure of transfering the Forum Data to a new server and am able to do that.
But in this constellation I failed and all I get is a blank page.
I tried to change the Forum Settings to mysqli in the config.php, but that did not work either.
Reuploading the inc files (for the case of corruption) did not work either.

Interesting and perhaps a hint to the solution I unfortunatly do not see atm, is the outcome i got making brand new test installs of the Forum-Software. If I chose mysql-Improved in the installation script, everything is ok. If I chose normal mysql (like i did on your old server) php is not able to connect to the (new) db server.

Do you have a hint or sollution for me, because I really have no more Ideas atm? Sad

Btw, in my Webhosting Control Panel there is only one port given for accessing the mysql server, which is the same port like on the old server. I looked for it because I considered the Port sollution which was stated in a simillar thread.

I am gratefull for any help,
kind regards,
Bodo Henkel
Right, the only thing that strikes me off hand apart from Gzip, would be whether or not your new account has eval and exec enabled on it.
See post below

Edited to save confusion. Big Grin
If your forums previously worked under MySQLi, but now they don't after the server move, then you need to actually do the opposite of what SagaciousKJB.

$config['dbtype'] = 'mysqli';

Should be changed to:

$config['dbtype'] = 'mysql';

To check if the mysqli extension is installed create a file called mysqli_test.php with the contents below and upload it to your webhost.

<?php
if(!extension_loaded('mysqli'))
{
    die('Not installed');
}
?>

Then go to that file on your website.

If "Not Installed" appears then the extension isn't installed, then either perform the modification I placed above or ask your webhost to install the mysqli extension.
Hello,

1st of all thank you all for your quick responses.

Perhaps I wrote a bit confusing, sorry for that.
But It is actually the other way round.

On the old server (on the same Webhoster) mysqli is not active, as i now also tested with Ryan Ashbrooks useful script.

On the new server mysqli is active.

The change you statet for config.php i tried already without any effect.

Unfortunatlly I now realized php error code displaying was per default off at the new server and I now turned on. (Different behavior as on the last server.) Big sorry for that Sad

So it actually is a blank page with an php error displayed:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, in …/inc/functions.php on line 3640

Confusing, because it is function get_banned_usernames(), i never did something with.
So I tried uploading the file again guessing a corrupt upload.

Now getting:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /hsphere/local/home/bodohenkel/.../forum/inc/settings.php on line 111

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ']' in /hsphere/local/home/bodohenkel/.../forum/inc/settings.php on line 111

So I downloaded the file and looked at it and it is really hard corrupted ending at the middle of line 111.

For my excuse I want to say that I read an other thread where it was solved with uploading php script files again guessing corrupted files. And I really did try that already, but obviously with no luck beacause getting other corruptions again. Sad
Man what is up with error correction of ftp?!
So many corrupt files … Sad
(I do use the correct Transfertype.)

But under the line: It is solved now.

And big thanx to you all!!!