MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please advise me how do I go about doing this thing:

I want to establish 2 hidden forums for my Staffs.
1 is for Journalists Team while the other is for Promotion Team, and the Journalists should not see the Promotion Team's forum while Promotion members should not see the Journalists forum.

But I do not want to create 2 new groups just for them. I want them to be inside the "Registered" users group. Does it means I have to use the 'Secondary Group' ?

Please guide me. TY.
Well, it seems like you will need to make a group for Journalist Team and Promotion Team, otherwise you would not be able to set permissions for the Journalist Team group on the Promotion Team forum or vice versa.

I haven't been using MyBB for long so I may be completely wrong, but I think you will need two groups. As for keeping them in the Registered group, yes you can use Secondary Group.

I also have a question relating to permissions, I hope I can post that here without stealing the OP's thunder.

On the quick permissions forum, you have the view, post, download, etc. but you also have "Inherit/Default". Now, say I have a secret group and a secret forum. If I don't want Registered users to see it, I can take the permissions away from Registered. However, if I leave "Inhert/Default" checked for the Secret Group, and the user is also in the Registered group (primary or secondary ) they cannot see the forum regardless of what permissions may be set in quick permissions. Is this supposed to work like this, exactly what does Inhert/Default do?
I don't think that's possible without creating additional groups.
woah, its getting more and more complicated haha.

well, lets say if I created additional groups, if I place these members into the secondary groups, will the permissions be following the "Registered users" group or their secondary groups?

for the inherit/default, I am still quite confused with it, maybe someone with deeper knowledge can explain it to us...
-bump-