MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHPBB 3 RC7 TO MYBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
labrocca Wrote:lol...RC7! I remember my phpbb days of having to freaking update every month. hahaha...what suckers that use phpbb. Those people should be put on trial for wasting webmasters valuable time.

LOL phpbb sucks big time.

yes but i do not know of any convertors :s
destroyer Wrote:It'll be one big surprise. Big Grin

As seing how it is late and a number of people have been waiting/held up with their websites etc i think mybb should give some idea as to when this puppy will be released. Days, Week, Month or longer? Would be totally different if there wasnt so much riding on this update and the supposed July/Aug release wasnt mentioned by the developers here.
I myself am gonna try and ride it out with the wait but i am certain there is others who saw the dates etc mentioned and then this guy and others who cant convert from crapphpBB etc that may end up having to go elsewhere. Why risk losing that over giving a approximate date of release? Or atleast some sort of decent update on how things are progressing with 1.4?
HarryWx Wrote:

As seing how it is late and a number of people have been waiting/held up with their websites etc i think mybb should give some idea as to when this puppy will be released. Days, Week, Month or longer? Would be totally different if there wasnt so much riding on this update and the supposed July/Aug release wasnt mentioned by the developers here.
I myself am gonna try and ride it out with the wait but i am certain there is others who saw the dates etc mentioned and then this guy and others who cant convert from crapphpBB etc that may end up having to go elsewhere. Why risk losing that over giving a approximate date of release? Or atleast some sort of decent update on how things are progressing with 1.4?

Chris Boulton has already mentioned that we're aiming for before the end of the year, but again there's no guarantee's with a release this big. I'll have updates on the Merge System soon to come
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:

Chris Boulton has already mentioned that we're aiming for before the end of the year, but again there's no guarantee's with a release this big. I'll have updates on the Merge System soon to come

Thank you Tikitiki! Smile
good news . thanks Tikitiki!
labrocca Wrote:lol...RC7! I remember my phpbb days of having to freaking update every month. hahaha...what suckers that use phpbb. Those people should be put on trial for wasting webmasters valuable time.

Charge me guilty! OMG what a nightmare phpbb3 is!
So I used wowbb on my site. My server couldn't handle that. For a YEAR the forums kept crashing. Top it off with the server / host telling me they don't support third party software.

So, I trash my board set up phpbb3 (it's in my Vdeck as recommended for this stupid server!) and start anew with a whole new membership and everything.

Well I installed RC5. Tried to upgrade to RC7. My board is gone.
I backed up before and after.

Tried to install all over again but it won't install into the same DB and I've no clue how to force this.

So I call support on the server and basically after hours of "Sorry we don't support third party installations" (grrrr) I took matters into my own inept hands and totally lost my board. Cant' get it back in there.

But I do have the db intact.

Installed a few sofwares to test drive. I LOVE this mybb!

SO - add me to the list of people who wait on a conversion for phpbb3.

If it don't happen soon, I am going to be forced to totally trash my site completely and start fresh on a new host, new name, new everything. I'm probably jinxed on that name anyway.

I would like to simply access the site, be able to import the forums to the new site and name and keep my membership though. Would be nice to give them a chance to follow onto the new adventure.

So, any news yet on the converter?
Where can I find the conversion 'kits'? I spent a goodly amount of time surfing the site and I still can't find them. I know, I know, it's probably been right in front of my face the whole time, right?
Pages: 1 2