MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: myBB the fastest freebb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did a series of tests and concluded that myBB is the fastest freeBB out of the major (good featured) forums - SMF, phpBB, myBB.

Mybb (1.2.9)

Mybb seems to be loading faster on the posting screen and index screen (less images than other softwares too)

Index - 0.054 seconds
Topic Display - Generated in 0.064
Message Index - Generated in 0.057

SMF (1.1.4)
Index - 0.081 seconds
Topic Display - 0.073 seconds
Message Index - 0.083 seconds

phpBB3
Index - 0.074 seconds
Topic Display - 0.054 seconds
Message Index - 0.086 seconds

My conclusion from my server is that myBB runs the fastest. Although this is not entirely accurate. Great job guys. Wink I hope myBB1.4 remains fast too.
Then you might want to convert the forum in your sig from smf to mybb then.
PunBB is the fastest system I've seen. It's designed purely for speed though, and lacks so many features (doesn't even come with Private Messaging). It's also VERY bad for modding... I don't think I could stand it Toungue

But MyBB is the 2nd fastest I've tested, has a great design and is very powerful. Much better than vBulletin at least XD
Vanilla is pretty damn quick too.
I agree with ZiNga BuRgA... I like PunBB and it's slow on the upbeat. MyBB has all the bells and whistles and if it don't have a feature you want then you can get it. They have plugins and mods for about anything.
Hell yeah, I chose myBB because it's free and easy to install plugins and themes Toungue.
mybb the best one I have worked with