MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPlaza project - looking for suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,
Well, I've been spending a little bit of time each day, over the past few weeks on this project, and I'm looking for ideas and suggestions from you guys.

MyPlaza is a shop/money mod which is built upon a powerful extensible framework. It's extended through "modules" which are similar to MyBB plugins (but separate).

Since it's still a work in progress, I can't give out a release, but I've attached the 3 modules that I have made (the structure _may_ change before the release, but it seems unlikely). This is only for people interested in writing modules for MyPlaza - please give me any suggestions if you have any.
Here are the modules in the attachment below
  • Demo module (basically shows off what MyPlaza modules can do)
  • Simple demo module (a much simpler demonstration, for a typical item)
  • Income module (MyPlaza by itself, doesn't give out point for posts etc, but this module will)
[attachment=7879]

Since I can't give out a release, here's a few screenshots from the AdminCP:
Viewing categories: [attachment=7875]
Editing a category: [attachment=7876]
Viewing modules: [attachment=7878]
After clicking "Options" next to "Income Module": [attachment=7877]

Also, you have view a preview of the front end plaza. Note that I haven't done too much in terms of the front end, plus I really, really suck at designing (any designers here wouldn't mind helping out?) and graphics.
http://endlessparadigm.com/mybb/plaza.php
(all three modules are installed)

So, if you have any comments, please feel free to leave them here! I'm particularly interested in any design hints/help and comments on the format of modules.
Thanks for reading.
it's my pleasure to be the 1st one post in this topic.
I'm just not sure about how it's working, did it add money depend on posts count?
if yes, so it's great Idea, and If it allow ppl to add money to thier membership I would love to have a shop card medule with it!.

and the last suggestion make a lang files for it Wink
WoW nice and it seems there could be compitition
pepotiger Wrote:it's my pleasure to be the 1st one post in this topic.
I'm just not sure about how it's working, did it add money depend on posts count?
MyPlaza does not. MyPlaza is just a definition, ie, it defines a money system, and a shop and item system, but really contains nothing itself (it's just a framework on which modules build upon).
However, since everyone likes to earn money from posts Toungue I've made a module which does that (Income).

pepotiger Wrote:and the last suggestion make a lang files for it Wink
MyPlaza has it's own .lang files. The modules will work differently. I plan to include probably around 10 modules with the actual release, thus you can imagine how cluttered the number of .lang files there'll be.
The lang definitions in each module _should_ be suffice...

labrocca Wrote:Well it's interesting what you have done so far. It's funny because I was just speaking to Ryan about making a MYPS Jobs. I guess we will have competing projects. I know you mention modules but looking at the code it seems the main purpose is "jobs"...are you planning to make this a large plugin then?
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean by "jobs" but I guess it's similar to what I've done.
Basically, it's a plugin. MyPlaza will execute a few functions from it, eg the _run() function when an item is purchased.

labrocca Wrote:What "modules" do you see being added to what's there.
I have a few in mind. So far, the income will definitely be there Toungue I should have a donate and bank module at the very least. I have many in mind actually. I will merge my custom username formatting (allows users to select the formatting used for their username) into a module for one.

labrocca Wrote:Have you thought about just making your plugin MYPS compatible so you don't have to write any code for the points system?
MyPlaza defines a point system. The income module allows earning through posts.
I've thought about using MYPS, but it's somewhat limited in terms of extensibility. MyPlaza is a framework which is designed to be extensible. It's possible to make MYPS compatible with MyPlaza, but probably not so much the other way round.
Also, it's more logical (in my eyes) to have a point system on top of a shop mod, rather than a shop mod on top of a points system. In MyPlaza's case, if, for some reason, you don't want people to earn money from posts, simply disabling the module will remove all hooks etc (and make the board faster), whereas if it were built on MYPS, it would be somewhat different...
I dunno - it's just how I see it Toungue

labrocca Wrote:Well...Good luck.
Thanks. Good luck to you as well!
Wow! Sounds really awesome!

Good luck to the project, keep us updated. Big Grin
Goodluck. It looks good what you have done so far.
looks great now (after I got understand lol Toungue)
keep it up mate
Thanks a lot everyone for your wonderful comments Smile

I'm a little busy these days, so won't be able to work on it, but I'll try to get a preview version out soon, once I get most of the framework done (mainly the stats, history/log pages and a redesign on item handling) and will need to work on the donate and bank modules.

If you have any criticism on the design of the modules right now, please feel free to comment.

Thanks again!
I figured I should post this here instead of in the release thread. Toungue Correct me if I'm wrong!

I have a suggestion for the inventory. It would be awesome if when you are doing an item, also include a file for when the users pay for it, it will send them the file (bringing it up in the browser, maybe?)

That would be so cool for doing things like selling images, or themes even, and other files, if it is possible.

I don't know how to code so that is out of my line. Wink Just a suggestion I thought I'd let you have the benefit of. Toungue
FirefoxWiz Wrote:I figured I should post this here instead of in the release thread. Toungue Correct me if I'm wrong!

I have a suggestion for the inventory. It would be awesome if when you are doing an item, also include a file for when the users pay for it, it will send them the file (bringing it up in the browser, maybe?)

That would be so cool for doing things like selling images, or themes even, and other files, if it is possible.

I don't know how to code so that is out of my line. Wink Just a suggestion I thought I'd let you have the benefit of. Toungue
Try this module instead Toungue
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid175829
Pages: 1 2 3