MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ads between posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read through these forums last night, and still had no luck in getting this to work right....

Here's what I have so far for the ads:
http://www.agroots.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2

What do I need to do in order to have them show up ONLY after the 1st post in a thread? Is it possible to put an if statement in the template? So far I've done that just by working in the postbit template.
I saw that - but I don't want to settle & have to put them somewhere else. I already have the ads at the top of the page.

I'm pretty sure all I need is a silly if statement like they were talking about in vBulletin forums link.

Should be something like:
<if condition="($post[postcount] == 1)">
PUT ADS HERE
</if>

I just don't know the right variables, or if the <if> statement even works in the templates.
No i'm pretty sure <if> doesn't work in templates.
Templates are HTML only! From what I have herd, it is unstable to run PHP codes from the MySQL database.
Dangit...well - is there an edit in the code somewhere that could make this work? I would really like to make it happen.
Ya this would work good but it's all in templetes and layout... I don't no any of that stuff as well as others around here... I am sure someone can help you out! They have never let me down!
Guess I'll just wait it out until one of them responds & hopefully they have a solution!
...bump.
bump numero 2.