MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Confirmation of IE7 issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.

Could someone (or a few someones) please confirm that my forum is not showing in IE7?

What happens to me is that I get a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error. It shows up, however, if I refresh the page (sometimes I have to refresh twice, just for kicks). And then if I clear my cache, I have to go through the process again. It works just fine in Firefox without having to refresh.

Here's the link to a test forum with MyBB 1.2.9:
Sterling's Test Forum

And, just for testing, here's one with MyBB 1.0:
Sterling's Test Forum (old version)

It happens with both versions, so I wonder if some setting is off with my server? I'm a pretty decent PHP developer and have never run into this issue, but I'm stumped. I like what I see of MyBB so far and would love to use it, but...

Thanks in advance!
I'll add one other tidbit of info. In IE, if I refresh once, the page comes up as it should. If I refresh again, it goes back to it's "cannot display" error message, and so on back and forth.

Also, if I'm in the page is showing, I can click the back button which takes me to the same page, but with the error message.

I've tried to be clear, but hopefully trying the links yourself will yield similar results and you'll see what I mean.

---Addendum----
Sorry I keep adding to my own post, but I'm hoping more clues will help.

I've gone through and commented out each line individually in index.php. The one line that 'works' is line 27, "$lang->load("index");". When I remove it, most of the text/info doesn't appear, but the page loads correctly without refreshing.

I've also tried re-uploading all the files, but to no avail.
Sorry I dont know anything about your problems, however I can confirm that neither forum would work in IE7, however after about 6 or 7 refreshes the new one did work.

The old one for some reason add's an extra "http://" every time I put the address in, even if I take the extra "http://" out and then click go it still puts it back in.

Most odd!

Good luck!
@Techmonkey:
I appreciate you taking the time to check it out - I was really hoping there was just something wrong with my browser.

Now if I could just figure out why it sucks, I'd be set!
I would say it seemed more like a hosting issue than anything else.

You sure you have the url of your board set correctly in the myBB admin panel?
lol this gets wierder, I just checked the old one in FireFox and took out the extra http again and now it re-directs to wikipedia.org http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP

The new one works fine first time in FF though.

Could be your .htaccess file?
Hmm...

There's certainly a possibility of having issues with the server, but I don't know what that could be since every other site I have works fine. This is a VPS, so I can make changes as needed, but I don't know what that would be. I know SMF works fine, so there must be something that MyBB needs that nothing else depends on. There's no .htaccess file to speak of, so there shouldn't be a conflict there.

That's funny about the old version on FF. I'm not worried about it since it's, well, the old version. I just put it up for comparison.

Thanks for looking, Techmonkey!
I just edited this post. Originally I said I had fixed it by changing the cookies and not accessing via the subdomain. So instead pointing to damagecontrol.sterlingkcreations.com/forum/, I went to sterlingkcreations.com/damagecontrol/forum/. And I changed the cookies to .sterlingkcreations.com, which seemed to help, even though I wasn't logged in, so I don't know why that would have made a difference.

BUT... once I changed the theme, it went back to my old refresh problems. Again, works fine in FF, not so much in IE. I changed it back to the default and it worked again. I don't think it's the theme (it's Fusion, if you're interested), I think there's still something screwy.
hi, neither pages load up in my browser, i am using ie7, it works fine in firefox, weird.
The second link was wrong, I've fixed it.
Pages: 1 2