MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookies Issue ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi again, i did a search but found nothing about this.

My last board was phpbb2.
When i viewed a post or section that showed a new topic, it auto marked it as viewed after i viewed it.
With this mybb board, even after i view the topics, all the forum sections still show there is a new post to view on the main index.

I know i can set them to "mark all topics as read" in the sections and on the main index, but we should not have to do this all the time.
Is there a setting or something i need to adjust in the ACP so it auto remembers and does it itself as phpBB2 did?

FF and IE were what everyone uses.

Thanks for any help with this.
This is a known issue with the current version of MyBB.
It is corrected in MyBB 1.4

Please note that 1.4 is not finished and therefore not available for download at this moment.
ok, that makes sense now you told me that.

Any ideas how long till the new mybb release is out with the fixes?

Thanks for the fast reply m8 Big Grin
It is due out before this year's end. There is no further information at this stage.

With a search on these forums you should be able to find a few threads regarding 1.4 Smile
ok, thanks. I will search for the term mybb 1.4
Is there going to be bug fixes like for this we can get separate.
php does that and its a good way of letting people fix bug issues without having to always update everything to a new board version.

This is a big bug imo. Really is a pain ita issue for everyone on the board.
Is there a chance of just getting this fix? Would be SO much better being able to fix this now.

I do not want to have to update to a new board version all the time just to fix something.

Thanks for reading, any help would be great!
Most bugs we release bug fixes for, however the post marking code has been re-written in 1.4 and as such, this bug has been fixed. Because of this, it is unlikely for there to be a patch to fix this in 1.2.
MrDoom forgot to mention that the only reason it was only fixed in 1.4 was because the whole tracking system was rewritten in order to fix this bug.
ok, thanks for the info

This is a big bug for a board, so its a shame that there is no fast fix.

I will wait and update when 1.4 arrives.

Thanks again.. all good things come to those who wait Smile
Pages: 1 2