MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb slows down the system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mybb that the firm that we work with, claims that the forum makes the processor very busy, and that gets Mysol and data base lock and makes the forum unavaible for the visitors and sent the pictures below. as it makes MySQl so busy , the forum is not be accessed. We are told that we should take precaution. what do you advice us about this problem?

[Image: adszev6.jpg]
MyBB is a very fast forum system in comparison to others.

I would move over to another hosting company if yours complains that there is too much MySQL activity (I generally find that MyBB uses more PHP than MySQL in terms of generation times, actually).

But, how big is your forums? Maybe you've outgrown shared hosting, for example?
As far as I know, nobody ever posted a similar issue here. It seems that there is something wrong with either their processor or their server.
What version of mybb are you on?
Are you on a shared hosting environment?
How many posts does your site have?
How many members does your site have?
Do you have any threads with thousands of posts like an off-topic spam thread?
Do you have a lot of IPs or usernames inside the banned list as I see a lot of locked queries related to bans?

I ran a 450k post mybb on my server...didn't have ANY performance issues on a well configured server.
I can guarantee that those queries take less than 0.05 seconds to run; even on older technology like a pentium 3. The fact that its locked up for minutes means that your MySQL server or server in general is screwed up. And that would be your hosts problem
I move to another server, thanks everbody...