MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Away status not appearing in postbit...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever someone set their status to "away", it said away in red in their postbit, but for some reason, it's not in the templates anymore, so can someone tell me what I have to add to the postbit_user template?

Thanks Smile
xcx Wrote:Whenever someone set their status to "away", it said away in red in their postbit, but for some reason, it's not in the templates anymore, so can someone tell me what I have to add to the postbit_user template?

Thanks Smile

Could you please elaborate on what is "not in the templates anymore"?
What more is there to say? the $lang for it isn't in the postbit_author_user tamplate for any theme.
<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong><br />
<span class="smalltext">
	{$post['usertitle']}<br />
	{$post['userstars']}
	{$post['groupimage']}<br />
	{$post['useravatar']}<br />
	{$lang->postbit_posts} {$post['postnum']}<br />
	{$lang->postbit_joined} {$post['userregdate']}<br />
	{$lang->postbit_status} {$post['onlinestatus']}{$post['replink']}<br />
</span>

See? Smile

I took something out myself (The usergroup thing. I don't like the idea of members being able to see the different groups others are in)
xcx Wrote:I don't like the idea of members being able to see the different groups others are in

All I need to know is whether you don't like the idea of members seeing the online status of other members or you don't want them to see the Invisible Users. Sorry, I can't get it. In all cases this has nothing to do with the the postbit_author_user template. If I understand you correctly, you are referring to the group permissions.

Maybe, someone else may understand this better. Would love to help if you just explain it in terms of: this is what is happening and this is not what I don't like to happen.Smile

Regards
Lol, it's nothing to do with them being online/offline.

Whenever someone goes into the edit options (Or profile) of the usercp and set their status to "away". (Go and look if you don't know what I'm talking about), It displayed the word away underneath the online/offline status in the post bit.

If I'm referring to the wrong template please tell me Smile
Too make it clear, for all.

When a user sets their status to Away, it replaces Online and Offline with Away, where it says Status: in the Author Information.

The template you may be seeking is postbit_away.
xcx Wrote:Lol, it's nothing to do with them being online/offline.

Whenever someone goes into the edit options (Or profile) of the usercp and set their status to "away". (Go and look if you don't know what I'm talking about), It displayed the word away underneath the online/offline status in the post bit.

If I'm referring to the wrong template please tell me Smile

If you wish to remove the word "Away" you can delete the contents of the postbit_away, and in this case there will be a blank field next to the Status. If you prefer to use a different word like "unknown", you can simply replace the code in the postbit_away with this one:
<a href="member.php?action=profile&amp;uid={$post['uid']}"><font color="maroon">unknown</font></a>

If you wish to remove the online/offline/status altogether then you can simply remove this code from the postbit_author_user:
 {$lang->postbit_status}{$post['onlinestatus']}

If you don't want a certain group to see the invisible users just edit that user group and set Permissions: Who's Online -> Can View Invisible Users (NO).

If you wish to replace the Away status to an icon of your choice, for example, just let me know.

Regards
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:Too make it clear, for all.

When a user sets their status to Away, it replaces Online and Offline with Away, where it says Status: in the Author Information.

The template you may be seeking is postbit_away.

No, it doesn't. I apologise if I'm not being clear, but when someone sets their status to away, it doesn't appear AT ALL in the post bit, like it should.