MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plugin with parameter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi!
i'm new to develop plugins...
i wish to understand this thing...
during the activation of the plugin I wish use a parameter inserted by the user... it's possible do this or not??
thanks again!

byeWink
Hi,

What do you mean "parameter inserted by user"? Like, display a textbox somewhere where the user can enter something?
hi!
when the plugin is actived i made some stuffs in the db...
I need a parameter to do this...
i wish that before the plugin is activated the parameter is inserted by the user Smile
thanks!
How does the user insert this "parameter"?
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:How does the user insert this "parameter"?

i don't know... i ask if is possible
As far as I am aware, you can't insert parameters from the user on activation.

The normal way is to have a settings section for your plugin so that the user can configure options there.
MrDoom Wrote:As far as I am aware, you can't insert parameters from the user on activation.

The normal way is to have a settings section for your plugin so that the user can configure options there.
thanks!Wink
MrDoom Wrote:As far as I am aware, you can't insert parameters from the user on activation.

An alternative is to break the plugin activation process and force the user to enter something if they want to activate the plugin. Not a nice method, but if it's crucial for the plugin to activate, you may have no other choice...