MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Log in Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have a problem with my forum, yesterday I want to log me in as the Admin of my Forum. The site loads but then the next picture was just white. After that I created a new User to test what the problem could be, so I gave my new User the rang of a super moderator and it gave no problems. then i made my new account the admin rights, and then i can't log me in. Do anybody know how i can fix this problem? I hope you understand what i mean, sorry if the englisch isn't good but i'm from germany and i'm not the best in englisch.
AFK Wrote:Hi,
I have a problem with my forum, yesterday I want to log me in as the Admin of my Forum. The site loads but then the next picture was just white. After that I created a new User to test what the problem could be, so I gave my new User the rang of a super moderator and it gave no problems. then i made my new account the admin rights, and then i can't log me in. Do anybody know how i can fix this problem? I hope you understand what i mean, sorry if the englisch isn't good but i'm from germany and i'm not the best in englisch.

Can you login to your admin CP directly?
http://...../yourforum/admin/index.php

Did you change anything in the config.php file?
Yes I can login to my admin CP. No i haven't changed anything. Is it possible that somebody has hacked my Forum?

Edit: Now I have a huge problem. I can't get into my admin CP and im not longer admin of the forum. I found a option in the admin CP which puts 2 User accounts together. So i put my Supermod and Admin account together, and now i'm just a supermod and can't get into the admin cp. I there a way to make me again into an admin or did i have to make a new forum?Sad
Try this first: open the mybb_users in your phpMyadmin and browse that table -> open your own record in that table for edit -> make sure that the usergroup field has the value of 4 in it, and that your uid value is 1, then save that table.

Delete all the cookies in your browser and try to login as admin.

Please let me know you can't still login.
sorry but I don't realy understand what you mean. Is the mybb_users a file of MyBB? In which folder can i find the file?
AFK Wrote:sorry but I don't realy understand what you mean. Is the mybb_users a file of MyBB? In which folder can i find the file?

No. This is a table in your database. Please pm me the url to your forum.
Hi There,
I have similar problem. I cant log in as admin, but all my member can log in. When I change my usergroup in database table mybb_users from 4 to 2, I can log in as a Registered user, but when I turn it back to 4, it does not work. I have no supermoderator, who could go to admin panel.

I haven't changed anything recently beside updating to 1.2.9 few months back.
Any Idea what should I do ??
Ragb Wrote:Hi There,
I have similar problem. I cant log in as admin, but all my member can log in. When I change my usergroup in database table mybb_users from 4 to 2, I can log in as a Registered user, but when I turn it back to 4, it does not work. I have no supermoderator, who could go to admin panel.

I haven't changed anything recently beside updating to 1.2.9 few months back.
Any Idea what should I do ??

Make sure that your uid is present as super_admin in the ./inc/config.php file. You could try this:

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid126623
Thanx maatty, but it didnt help. When i try to log in the page loads and its completely white.
You must have edited something cause such things don't happen on a fresh install.