MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions before installing :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi I just came accross your forum system by luck and I'm very pissed off I didnt notice it earlier Sad I have phpbb installed but I've been trying to decide on a forum for ages and didnt know about mybb!

I got some questions because I want to change to mybb, first of all does mybb have a convertor so I can get members and posts from phpbb to mybb?

Also this forum seems quite slow is that because of the system I ntotice ur only in verion 1 rc4, or is it because of the server the board is on.

Also are file attachments stored in the webspace as apposed to being stored in the DB like XMB.

Also can I have it so non logged in users cannot download attachments and how hard is it to set a message to display instead of the attachments telling them to login so they can download the attachments.

Also how hard is creating template is it like phpbb with loads of .tpl files?

Thanks I look foward to using the board.
There is a converter. the atachments are being saved in the database and not as files , u can set unlogged users to download attachments or not
But can u display a message saying they need to register/login?
EightiesMatchbox Wrote:But can u display a message saying they need to register/login?

Yep. k776 has a tutorial on that here.
Do you know where it is? By here do u mean this forum lol k776 has made alot of posts... Smile

Thanks
Check out the mod lists in the Code Modification forum.
k776's mod/tutorial list is here.

(If the links to some mods in the lists don't work then it's because mybbmods.com is in some problems at the moment)
IMPAQ Wrote:
EightiesMatchbox Wrote:But can u display a message saying they need to register/login?

Yep. k776 has a tutorial on that here.
Are you sure theres a tutorial for that I cannot find one??
if you search around enough you will find it mate

Their is a mod i have on my board that allows guests to read so many words and then i added a msg saying to reg/login to view the rest of the thread.

I also have it so that guests can not download attachments or pics etc

Good luck

welcome to MyBB forums btw
Quote:Also this forum seems quite slow is that because of the system I ntotice ur only in verion 1 rc4, or is it because of the server the board is on.
I have indeed experienced slow loading times on this server, however, other forums which I visit that are running MyBulletinBoard are faster (this includes big forums, e.g. the Messenger Plus! forums).

MyBulletinBoard is a relatively young forum package. Version 1.00 Release Candidate 4 is the latest available public release. Version 1.00 Preview Release 1 (will be the next release) is currently being tested by beta testers.
Re: [no subject]

Actually, I have made no such mod. This is in myBB by default.

PM from k776
Pages: 1 2