MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor Plugin ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would anyone be interested in a TinyMCE plugin? TinyMCE is an open source editor that is used in many web apps including Wordpress.

I know there is already a WYSIWYG Editor from ecardmax.com for MyBB. It's awesome and I use it. But if you use the free HotEditor for MyBB from ecardmax.com, you have to keep their credit line below the text editor. So I was wondering if anyone is interested in this open source alternative?

I'm already almost done with customizing it for my own MyBB powered site.. I may be able to release it if enough people want it.

---

Basically what this plugin should be able to do is to replace the current editor with the TinyMCE editor. Included with a custom plugin will be a plugin for TinyMCE that converts the HTML into BBCode at output. (How cool is that? plugin within a plugin)
if you release it would be great news at least for me.Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
i have tinymce with mine at the moment (installing easyspell plugin for it at the moment) and i had to add it manually to the template, if you could do it through a plugin would be much better Wink
Definitely!

I'd love to see the TinyMCE plugged into MyBB.
yeahgo ahead.I also have a testboard (locked away from public) where i am playing with this.I just modified there official bbcode plugin to fit MyBB it works mostly still i am unsure how do you know it's safe ? and don't mention things like wordpress that is one of the most insecure packages availible today.Every month i see atleast one new wp exploit ....
Sorry for the bump,
I don't know why you think Tinymce is insecure, is there a source that I can take a look at?