MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: member of the week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, sorry if wrong place....

i have make member of the week showed at my forum..
how can i do ?
Wrong place. Wink

Moved to Plugins -> Requests
Member of the week based on what ? Amount of Posts/Threads ... ?
And where do you want to show it ? Stats page / Index ...
LeX, I don't know how benks want but will be great if you can make a code to display:

Memeber of the week based on amount of posts and show it on Index page or Portal page (not in Stats).

Just if you have time, of course...

Smile
Just tried something out,
Every Monday ( can be changed ) it searches the 'Member Of The Week' == Most Posts In the Previous Week; it stores the Member Of The Week in the datacache; when accessing the Forum Index it reads the cache, if no MOTW is set, it runs a query for searching it else it just reads it out of the cache. And it will be displayed in the 'Board Statistics' under 'Most Online Users' ...
Didn't spend much time on it, so it can contain 'bugs' although there isn't much code =P

Edit::

New Version: 17/11/07; 13.20 Local Time (GMT+1)
Now it has 2 settings so you don't have to open the file to change everything.
LeX... this plugin is what I want so... Thank's again !

Working great ! Smile
That is such a cute idea. Just a question though, is there a way to exclude the admin or at least the first user ID? I usually am the highest poster, and I don't want to show up as the Member of the Week, as I am right now! LOL...but this is great, Lex! Big Grin
Will add something to where clause + rewrite the code a lil' bit =P Just though of something that could cause wrong info =P
I noticed you updated your post, so I tried the new file. I'm no longer mentioned as Member of the Week, so I guess you fixed that! Big Grin But when it gets deactivated and reactivated, it doesn't remove $motw from the index_stats template. I went in and had to remove it myself. Just FYI! Still a great plugin!!!
Ok =P I've made a typo, i've added index-_stats instead of index_stats =P
Pages: 1 2